Saturday, January 22, 2011


the thistle amoung lions 2011 oil on panel


Now that the thistles have dried out, their cool stalks stand out against the warm colours of the paddock and make a lovely contrast. This one in particular seemed to spin and dance in the sun amoungst the dandelions which are preparing to cast their own seeds to the wind.














the dandelions 2011 oil on panel


I couldn't resist and did another painting of the wonderful dandelions today. This composition is tapping into an art-nouveau vibe, with the long, languid
stems of the flowers framing the white one in the middle.















the fencerow 2011 oil on panel


It has been really windy lately and I wanted a composition that would work with that theme. The grass is getting long and going to seed on the side of the railroad track, and I found this view from under the shade of a ghost gum.

1 comment:

  1. The dandelions - My absolute favourite!!!!!!!

    I know I've said that before but I just think that is the most exquisite composition ever. I like a bit of the art nouveaou aesthetic and it works so well here... amazing.

    ReplyDelete