Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Day 16 Tuesday 3368km

We all parted ways in the morning as Gary went to work at Bundanon, Randall headed off to Bombaderry, and I hit the road south. I stopped off in Nowra to get a really good pie and a coffee and then took the HMAS Albatross road up to Braidwood via Nerriga. The road was sealed in parts, but joan took a beating on the unsealed bits. At about halfway I had to pull over and get a screwdriver out to secure the passenger door as it had come completely off it’s latch. I stopped in Braidwood to get another pie and a loaf of bread and then headed down the rest of the way to Araluen. I had called earlier to check with Gail to see if it was a good time and she said to come on down and as I pulled into her drive she was walking a cheeky young pony out to paddock and said G’day. I parked joan and immediately started in on a painting of her grape vines growing on a pergola out the back of her house. Her dog Biddy was a glutton for a tummy rubbing and ended up having to finish the painting with one hand while satisfying the dog with the other. We sat and ate dinner watching the news and chatting about fox hunting, the new federal budget and swine flu medication.


No comments:

Post a Comment